We are looking to add a talented software engineer to our growing team.
Who are you?
You’re great at solving problems, are motivated and good at working independently. It goes without saying that you are a brilliant software developer, and you’re looking to take your next career step in a team where you have the opportunity to thrive. You can work to agreed tasks, but also attempt to overcome challenges by yourself. Communication comes naturally to you, and you enjoy working as part of a team.
Why work for us?
We’re a small company, but we are growing and have big ambitions. This is an exciting time for us, and you’ll be joining as we build our team of programers. We have high expectations, but are an independent company, so are supportive and flexible. For the right person, this is a real opportunity to make a significant difference, develop the software and be part of the next phase in the company’s history.
Day to day tasks
- Investigate feasibility of, and help to build new products and features.
- Test and evaluate new features prior to release.
- Formulate and communicate opinions to influence key software engineering/architectural decisions.
- Assist in handling helpdesk queries and responding to users.
- A degree in Computer Science (or a similar discipline).
- Experience developing in Objective-C (Mac or iOS).
- Proven software engineering experience.
- Experience with the UNIX command line, including shell scripting and/or Perl knowledge.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Experience with version control software.
- Strong communication skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Must have the right to work in the UK.
We’ll give extra points for…
- Experience developing networked applications (eg client/server communication).
- Experience designing network protocols and/or APIs.
- A background (or strong interest) in computer security.
- Experience building browser and email app extensions.
- Experience with Ubuntu, PHP, Perl, AppleScript and Bash scripting.
- An intimate understanding of the whole Mac operating system.
- Fluency in a language other than English.
- Expert-level experience with ClamXAV.
Circa £30,000 depending on experience.
You’ll be working with the team based in our Edinburgh office at Gogarburn near the airport which has lots of transport links direct into the city.
Got what it takes?
If you think you have what it takes, please get in touch with us.