The inexorable march of the big cats

Discussions relating to Dock Delight

The inexorable march of the big cats

Postby diem » Thu 20 Sep 2007 1:59 pm

Like so many things about Leopard, a change for changes sake.

Nice app Mark - not so sure about the name :wink:
ClamXav v1.0.8 / clamav 0.93.3 on OS X 10.4.11/PowerBook G4
diem

Postby Mark » Fri 21 Sep 2007 5:30 pm

Thanks for the feedback, diem.

I have to say there are actually a lot of changes in Leopard which are most definitely not just for the sake of change. I'm not allowed to talk about specifics (hopefully that's only for about another month) but I'm often finding myself saying "oh, that's cool!". There are lots of wee things which, when they come together as a whole, make more productive on the computer.

Feel free to suggest a name change for Dock Delight. If it transpires that it still works when 10.5 is released, it might make more sense to change the name now. I've always been a fan of wordplay which is why the name stuck after I came up with it, but I must admit that choosing a name at 2 o'clock in the morning probably wasn't my best idea! :wink:
Mark
Site Admin

Postby OsX1Trojan » Wed 07 Nov 2007 1:39 am

I have to say there are actually a lot of changes in Leopard which are most definitely not just for the sake of change. I'm not allowed to talk about specifics (hopefully that's only for about another month) but I'm often finding myself saying "oh, that's cool!". There are lots of wee things which, when they come together as a whole, make more productive on the computer.

I think this release of OsX 10.5 is really great. Every part of Leopard seems to be touched in some way. Stacks are so great in that I know never have to view my desktop. Quickview is so fast at viewing files. Safari is blazing blast as well as spotlight and on and on. Some call it a service pack, but you know what, Apple, you got me babe!
OsX1Trojan

Postby Mark » Wed 07 Nov 2007 10:44 pm

Within 5 minutes of installing 10.5, Time Machine had already proved its worth and saved my bacon. During the developer pre-release phase, I'd been doing a bunch of Leopard-only development on the desktop of my 10.5 test machine....which I erased and cloned my Tiger setup onto prior to installing the release version of 10.5.

Of course, as soon as I booted into the freshly installed 10.5 I noticed a handful of folders were missing! Oops :oops: Of course, being a test machine it wasn't hooked up to my regular DVD backup procedure so I was overjoyed when I suddenly remembered Time Machine had been backing up everything for the last 8 months :D
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Dock Delight