What is Dock Delight?

Discussions relating to Dock Delight

What is Dock Delight?

Postby Mark » Wed 12 Sep 2007 11:14 am

Dock Delight is a very simple program which removes the blue lights used by Leopard's Dock to indicate which applications are running, and replaces it with a small black triangle similar to the one found in previous iterations of OS X.

I would welcome any comments on my newest piece of software.

For what it's worth, I threw this together in the space of one evening - gotta love OS X as a development environment! :D

PS. There are a few things Apple could do to prevent this from working with the final release of 10.5 Leopard, so this poor wee application's life span could be very limited...
Mark
Site Admin

A suggestion

Postby Steel » Mon 12 Nov 2007 11:51 pm

Hi Mark,

I just downloaded your app and really like it much better than the glowing blue orbs, however the triangles seem a bit small to me and hard to see, could you double their size?
Steel

Postby randaL » Thu 24 Jan 2008 12:30 pm

(I'm still on Tiger with my trusty G4...)
When I did a reinstall on a friend's computer I was a lil lost with the tiny lights as well so kudos to Mark for his efforts, however, the size is probably limited to certain dimensions so this (IMHO) seems like an Apple problem.

Staring at the screen for hours prompted me to look under the Universal Access options. In there I can change the size of my cursor so it stands to reason that they could||should do something similar for how they indicate active programs. This would probably force the icons to become larger but if you're already having problems seeing the indicators it shouldn't be an issue. :)
Think First...
randaL

Postby thereeldeal » Wed 08 Apr 2009 2:31 am

Dear Mark,
Hello, I am a fellow (although not nearly as talented) programmer, and I recently discovered the joys and delights of Apple's products, if not OS X Leopard :) I am a freshmen in college, and when I came to mizzou, I bought an Apple Student Bundle, which was not only the best deal price wise and you got the most out of it, but it also came with the best Laptop i've ever used, if not seen *now apples next gen is out :( lol

So, i'd like to say, thanks for making a great antivirus client on an OS that doesn't need one. :D That, my friend, owns. I am going to be on this website a lot from now on, because you are a great programmer and I want to support your work and hopefully take part in it. Again, thanks for pwning.

Your Friend, Corey
I'm writing a book called "Haze:An Exam. of Social, Cultural, and Intellectual DrugUse" I am a major at Mizzou in Psych/Socio/PoliSci and I am getting aPhD in InternationalMassComm. I am organizing a Case Study, if you are interested, contactme.
thereeldeal

Does Dock Delight work with Snow Leopard?

Postby TechGuy8 » Fri 17 Sep 2010 8:59 pm

HI,

I just came across this and would like to know if this app works with Snow Leopard.

(Previously I had used a variety of other apps, manual methods in Leopard)
<I>The Universe is intelligent and friendly.</I>
TechGuy8

Re: Does Dock Delight work with Snow Leopard?

Postby Mark » Sat 18 Sep 2010 11:07 pm

TechGuy8 wrote:I just came across this and would like to know if this app works with Snow Leopard.

(Previously I had used a variety of other apps, manual methods in Leopard)

I really don't know. I've not done anything with Dock Delight since the very early days of 10.5. Probably safer to avoid it - I'll change the website to state clearly that it hasn't been tested on 10.6.
Mark
Site Admin

Dock Delight

Postby ando » Thu 28 Jul 2011 1:44 am

Hi Mark,
Just to let you know that I've been using Dock Delight with SL and now Lion and had no problems with it at all.
ando

Return to Dock Delight